PARENT COFFEE GROUPS – WEDNESDAY's 10:30am @ The Plunket Rooms. All welcome.
We are excited to say that the Parent’s coffee group is back inside the Te Anau Plunket Rooms this term, just in time to be snug for the winter months!
Come along at 10:30am any/every Wednesday, grab a cuppa and meet some other parents. Bring your tamariki along for a play or join us kid-free for an hour off from your day – whatever you feel like. Breastfeeding peer support is available most weeks between 10:30 and 11:30am, grab Anna or Brooke for a chat if you want, anytime.
Each month we host a guest speaker who leads a discussion on a parenting or information topic. The rooms have a fenced outdoor play area. We have new parenting resources available for you to look through and take home anything you find useful. There is also a free baby & toddler clothes swap box.
Many thanks to the following groups and supports:
· Plunket for providing us with a warm space to meet, and tea and biscuits.
· The Grace Place for helping to fill our free baby and toddler clothes box
· Fiordland Families Network for keeping things ticking over for our families, including hosting coffee groups when Plunket is unavailable, and running a monthly discussion series. https://www.facebook.com/fiordlandfamilies
· Te Hau Toka Southern Wellbeing group for supporting and funding our monthly discussion series, creating the opportunity for a bit more structured parent education to our group. https://www.facebook.com/tehautoka
· The amazing speakers who come along to share their knowledge, experiences and discoveries with the group, so openly and generously.
· WellSouth for training up and supporting local Fiordland Peer Support group for new whanau. https://wellsouth.nz/community/health-promotion/
*We should also add: Please bring your mask along. No vaccine pass required. Come if you and your close contacts are well – but if there is any doubt, come next week instead, that way our babies stay safe and healthy. If you can’t make it in, but need support contact a local breastfeeding peer supporter online via this page – and they can give you a call at home: https://www.breastfeedingsos.co.nz/
Parent Coffee Group
Te Anau Plunket Rooms